Indulge in a Decadent Chocolate Zucchini Brownie
Are you ready to satisfy your sweet tooth with a guilt-free treat? Look no further than this delicious chocolate zucchini brownie recipe. Not only is it incredibly moist and fudgy, but it also sneaks in some hidden veggies for added nutrition. Plus, it’s gluten-free and dairy-free, making it suitable for those with dietary restrictions. Let’s dive into the recipe and get baking!
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1 large organic egg
- 1/3 cup smooth almond butter
- 1/4 cup raw honey or pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla bean extract or paste
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Dark chocolate, melted
- Almond or sea salt flakes
- Preheat your oven to 200°C and line a square baking tin with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the shredded zucchini, egg, almond butter, honey or maple syrup, coconut sugar, and vanilla extract. Mix well until all the ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Add the cocoa powder, coconut flour, and baking powder to the bowl. Stir until the dry ingredients are evenly distributed throughout the batter.
- Next, pour in the melted coconut oil and mix until the batter becomes smooth and glossy.
- Gently fold in the chopped walnuts, ensuring they are evenly distributed.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared baking tin and spread it out evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with a few moist crumbs.
- Once the brownies are done, remove them from the oven and allow them to cool in the tin for a few minutes.
- Drizzle the melted dark chocolate over the top of the brownies and sprinkle with almond or sea salt flakes for an extra touch of flavor.
- Cut into squares and serve. Enjoy!
Tips and Variations
Here are some tips and variations to enhance your zucchini and almond brownie experience:
- For an extra fudgy texture, refrigerate the brownies for a few hours before serving.
- Feel free to add other mix-ins such as chocolate chips, dried fruit, or shredded coconut to the batter.
- If you prefer a sweeter taste, increase the amount of honey or maple syrup.
- Experiment with different nut butters like peanut butter or cashew butter for a unique flavor profile.
- Serve the brownies warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for a decadent dessert.
These zucchini and almond brownies are a delightful treat that combines the goodness of zucchini with the rich flavors of chocolate and almonds. Whether you’re looking for a healthier dessert option or simply want to try something new, these brownies are sure to impress. So go ahead, indulge in a guilt-free indulgence and enjoy the deliciousness!